Making Sushi at home is fun, delicious and affordable. Plus you can add in all your favourite ingredients.
Cooking the Sushi Rice - Note: For best results always use short grain rice recommended for making Sushi- Please refer to your rice packet instructions
Ingredients for Sushi Rice
While the rice is still warm add the following ingredients. (This will make 2 rolls, approximately 24 Sushi pieces.)
- 2 cups Cooked Sushi Rice
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar (or 3-4 tablespoons Sushi Vinegar)
- 1 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
For making Sushi
- 2 Nori (roasted seaweed sheets)
After mixing ingredients let the rice mixture cool, before using the Sushezi.
For the Karaage Chicken
- 2 Chicken Thigh Fillets quartered
- 125g Hot'n' Spicy flour mix (eg. 'Diamond Hot 'n Spicy Coat N Cook)
- 2 cups Oil for deep frying
Salmon & Avocado Instructions
Slice raw Salmon into pieces ready to place into the Sushi roll.
- Slice Avocado into pieces ready to place into the Sushi roll.
Follow the Instructions for Making Sushi with the Sushezi.
IMPORTANT WHEN PACKING RICE MIXTURE
It is important to use exactly half a cup of the rice mixture per side when packing the two halves. Too much rice will cause the mixture to overflow and too little rice will result in a loose sushi roll. Do not overfill the centre channel with too much filling.
- pickled ginger
- soy sauce